Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Espagne

I don't know where this sudden passion came from or where the adoration even sprouted from. I'm 99% sure it's not in my blood but something has taken hold. I've been to Barcelona but at the time i went, I was 20 years old and had no idea what good food was. Sadly enough, I don't even remember eating any tapas and had no idea the real and true splendor of what one should feel while at La Boqueria. I didn't truly understand the magnitude of my surroundings. Now I am dreaming of cobblestone streets in Madrid, sitting outside under an awning next to the reina sofia, drinking rioja, and eating pork pinchitos.

This ragazza Italiana has betrayed her homeland and fallen in love with the darker part of the Mediterranean. It's an affair with a mysterious and romantic new lover. I have to learn the language, i have to eat the food, and my white wine has to be Albarino.

This love is only growing finally landing a job I love here in Austin specializing in Spanish cuisine. I'm going to embrace it for now and see where it takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment